Air Filtration Systems and Air Purifiers in Plano, TX
At Aire Texas Heating and Air Conditioning, we are committed to providing vigilant customer service to our customers throughout Plano, TX and North Central Texas.
This includes educating our customers on the importance of indoor air quality, as education is the platform of our business. When our Diagnostic Engineers or Installation Specialists come to your home, we’ll inform you not only of how your current home comfort systems are serving you, but what indoor air quality products and services will further improve your quality of life.
In many cases, this includes the addition of an air filtration system or air purifier, or even some combination of them both.
For your air filtration and air purifier services, contact Aire Texas Residential Services, Inc today. We believe in “doing it right the first time every time!”
Your Air Filtration Options
The air filter that comes standard with your HVAC system serves a very important purpose—it protects the inside components of that system from dust, dirt, and other debris. It also traps allergens that could impact the health of your household and which may contribute to poor indoor air quality.
But for true indoor air quality benefits, you’ll want something stronger than just this air filter. There are a number of options to consider, including air cleaners, UV air purifiers, and other air purification systems, each with different MERV values. MERV stands for Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value. It’s a measure, or rather, a rating system, of the efficiency of an air filter.
The lowest MERV ratings (1-4) are for basic filtration for your HVAC systems against airborne contaminants, while the highest (13-16) are so powerful that they’re used in hospitals and homes of people with severe allergies and other health issues. You might assume that the higher the MERV rating the better, but too high of a rating can sometimes restrict airflow in your home.
That’s why having a Plano indoor air quality professional like those at Aire Texas can be so beneficial. We can inspect the airflow of your home and take into account the many factors that determine what air purification system works best for your home’s unique needs.
A couple of the most common types of air filters include HEPA filters and carbon filters.
- HEPA Filters – HEPA stands for High-Efficiency Particulate Air. It describes air filters designed to trap 99.97% of particles that are 0.3 microns. Most modern HEPA filters are made from interlaced glass fibers that are twisted and turned in many directions to create a fibrous maze to trap these particles.
- Carbon Filtration – The carbon in these filters works to dissipate odors that could be brought on by a variety of factors—cigarette smoke, animal dander, cleaning products, and other pollutants.
Comprehensive Air Purification System
Air purifiers relieve your home’s indoor air of the microscopic particles that air filtration systems alone can sometimes simply not get. After speaking with our Plano HVAC specialists, you may determine that one or some combination of the following air purifiers will benefit your household:
- REME Halo Air Purifier – The REME Halo in-duct air purifier sweeps your home in order to purify pollutants at the source. It uses both ultraviolet light and other advanced technologies to improve the overall quality of the air you breathe.
- Ionization Air Purifier – This air purifier creates ion clouds that make contaminants too heavy to stay airborne. They instead collect on a metal plate that you can clean off later.
- UV Air Purifier – Installed directly into your ductwork, the UV air purifier eliminates microorganisms such as mold and mildew before they even have a chance to reach your indoor air, resulting in a healthier and cleaner home.
Other Indoor Air Quality Products and Services We Offer at Aire Texas
While we offer air cleaners and air purification systems to help improve the quality of your indoor air, we also offer several other indoor air quality products and services. This includes:
- Air Duct Cleaning – When your home’s ductwork is dirty, you may find that members of your household are constantly coughing and sneezing or otherwise having adverse health issues. What’s more, the efficiency of your heater or air conditioner may be compromised due to dirt and debris choking off airflow. Our Plano air duct cleaning services can help prevent these things while ensuring the air you breathe is as healthy and clean as possible.
- Humidifiers and Dehumidifiers – Humidity plays a large role in not only your home comfort, but also the health of your family and the integrity of your property. Too little humidity is just as detrimental. The Plano humidity control experts here at Aire Texas Heating and Air Conditioning will help determine what your humidification needs are and help to satisfy them to keep you happy and comfortable.
- Heat and Energy Recovery Ventilators – A heat recovery ventilator (HRV) or energy recovery ventilator (ERV) introduce fresh air into your home even when it’s sealed up tight to maintain HVAC efficiency. The heat and energy recovery ventilation system you choose will depend on a number of factors, including the products already being utilized in your home. This is something our indoor air quality experts at Aire Texas specialize in—looking at the whole home and determining how your systems will best work with one another.
Call Aire Texas Heating and Air Conditioning For Your Plano Indoor Air Quality Needs Today
With the right combination of air filtration systems and air purification products and services, you can achieve a healthier, happier home. If you or your family members suffer from allergies and asthma, your symptoms could be greatly reduced. Please contact our air conditioning and heating professionals in Plano at Aire Texas today learn more. You can reach us by calling (972) 424-2473 or by reaching out to us online. We look forward to working with you!